Tuesday, April 7, 2015

We are together

I was just back from the office and I saw my father getting ready. I was a bit down because of an argument with my boss and I was really feeling disgusting. I was constantly thinking of leaving that job during my way back to home. As soon as I entered my house I saw my father getting ready.

“What happened?” I asked.
“Today is surprise party so get ready, we are going out in 10 minutes”, He said with a smile.
“We all?” I said in surprise.
“Yes, all of us” He said and I went to my room.

I was thinking of staying back as my mood was out. I just wanted to sleep and think about the problem. I decided to say no to him.

“What? No way, you have to. We will come back early don’t worry” He said and I again went inside.

In the next fifteen minutes we reached that place where we were supposed to enjoy our dinner.

“Surprise” Few voices came from behind.
“Oh my god all of you?” I looked at them and laughed.
“Yes, we all were invited” They said in chorus.
I looked at my father and he smiled.

We had our lunch and then we were set to play lots of games in the mall. My father was also enjoying. I asked him after the lunch whether he had money and he replied that he only had 100 Rs left. I checked my purse and had 200 Rs. We were 8 players ready to play. I thought we would play one or two games and then we will go back. In the midst of all these fun events I have also forgotten all those tensions about my office and was feeling fresh.

After playing for half an hour one of my cousin came to me.

“Brother, we have to take extra coins. I want to play more” My cousin said, looking at me.
“I don’t have money. I don’t have my ATM card also” I said, looking at my purse.
“Oh, it’s ok, you can still play for one more day” My father laughed from behind and gave his credit card.
“But you didn’t bring your credit card. You only had cash” I asked my father in awe, as we both got ready together to this venue and I saw what he was taking with him.
“He went back home and bought his card” A cousin of mine said and he hugged my father.

The happiness was beaming from the face of my father. I didn’t notice, but my father was standing nearby us and he overheard our conversation. He also was out of cash, but he also had a card at home. He went outside the mall all the way, just to get enough cash. It took half an hour, but he didn’t think for a minute.
We played games for another hour and then all of my cousins went back to their respective houses.

While coming back  I asked my father.

“Why you went back, we could have played less”
“It’s not about money my dear child, it was about the happy faces.” He said.
“But we would have also been happier if we would have played only for half an hour” I said
“I bet you all wouldn’t have been ” He said and smiled.

We reached our home and I went to my room. As soon as I realized its time to sleep again, those thoughts of resignation or facing that boss came across my mind. But I realized during todays event that how a person can go to an extent for what he want or for the person he love. Somewhere in the thought of earning money we forget that our main aim is to live happy and that’s how we have to choose our job or that’s how we should perform there.

While I was thinking about all these things my father came to me.

“Is there any problem” He said looking at my face.
“Not at all, I am just feeling sleepy” I tried to avoid my problem.
“Oh, it’s ok, I thought you were in tension. I just came here to say that we believe in you and we are with you in every situation. The money will come and go, but we will be together for every situation and will fight every situation together. So don’t worry too much about anything. Just give your best and accept the result in your life, as you do while playing. We are together” He said and hugged me.

As he left the room, I smiled. I was feeling very light. I had actually started feeling as if I had no problem at all. I ran to his room and told him everything that was bothering me. But this time I was just narrating him like a story because of my father’s action (bringing money to see us playing) and his words without even knowing the problem I had. I told him how he gave me strength. My mother was smiling looking at me sharing my problem. We started having a lovely time together for the next hour.

I went to my room at 12 and was relaxed. I knew the next day I had to face that same boss and that same office, but now I was a new person with respect to my thoughts. A person with positivity. I thanked god for giving me such family and I thanked my family for being around. I understood how a family living together can become each other’s strength. I closed my eyes and slept to wake up to a fresh morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment